Orthodontic Treatment Care
- It is highly advisable during orthodontic treatment to adhere to your appointment schedule. Any delay in the visit may lead to incorrect mechanics and ultimately delay the total treatment time.
- Always maintain good oral hygiene and proper brushing habits. The need for oral hygiene is doubled once an orthodontic appliance is placed in your mouth. Your orthodontist may recommend you to use special orthodontic toothbrushes, interdental brushes, or dental flossing.
- Avoid eating hard and sticky foods as long as you are undergoing the orthodontic treatment, as it leads to increased bite forces and breakage of the appliance as well as compromised oral hygiene.
- Avoid sugary drinks to decrease the incidence of plaque and caries.
- Always report to your orthodontist regarding any problem that arises during the treatment.